As a team member of La Crosse Distilling Co, your job is to fulfill our mission, be part of our vision, and work in support of our philosophy as the Manager. This position is an integral role in meeting the expectations we hold for ourselves, as well as those our guests hold for The Distillery. Generate ideas to improve and enhance tasting room operations and the guest experience, and implement those ideas because you are an empowered team member.
The position will be paid competitively with opportunities for additional benefits. Success will be measured through favorable reviews and the ability to meet stated objectives.
- Assist with training, supervising, counseling, motivating and disciplining all employees as needed
- Ensure all service to guests are conducted in a highly professional and efficient manner
- Ensure a safe working environment and attitude on the part of all employees in areas of responsibility
- Conduct performance reviews as requested
- Execute policies and procedures for the control of cash, property, product and equipment
- Review employee working schedules to ensure schedules are based on operational needs & budget
- Develop and manage training for all departments – to include onboard and continual education of new menus, products, and service
- Provide operational tools needed to maximize performance and service
- Identify service and execution issues and take appropriate action to correct them
- Identify staff development needs and create action plan to correct
- Maintain timely, accurate service, positive guest relations, and ensure products are consistent with quality standards
- Participate and respond to guest feedback (positive and negative) as best fit
- Ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food and beverage items prepared through production and presentation
- Monitor and enforce food safety procedures
- Assist in all areas of the floor during service including kitchen, bar, service, production & merchandise
- Fulfill tasting room opening and closing procedure as scheduled in all areas
- Ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all areas at all times and comply with Distillery, local, state and federal regulations – to include but not limited to labor laws and alcohol service laws
- Establish and maintain a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all areas through side-work duties and other schedules
- Communicate with staff and management to ensure operational needs are met
- Successfully complete an accurate small-wares inventories on a quarterly basis or as requested & submit department needs to general manager
- Maintain a daily log for communication between staff and upper management
- Participate or run Distillery tours as needed, in addition to assisting with the flow of traffic and tour sign ups.
- Close out daily financials for tasting room and merchandise areas.
- Proactively sell, order & re-stock & monitor merchandise according to policy.
- Comply with all company policies and facilitate necessary company policies and procedures as required by the company
- Organize & facilitate group / private events in the distillery, adhering to F&B guidelines for minimums & fees
- Keep updated calendar of all private events & communicate to culinary, production, sales bar & other management staff regarding needs of these events
- Order food and beverage product, paper products, cleaning chemicals and all other items as directed by general manager for tasting room operations in addition to requests for private events
- Prepare proper private event programming using BEO system for tour management, private bar needs, F&B minimums, culinary requirements & day of execution for private events
- Maintain positive client interactions & communication to assure all group needs are met
- Actively promote private space booking for LDC
- Attend all required meetings and trainings
- All other responsibilities assigned by management
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interact positively with management, coworkers, guests and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach
- High level understanding of distillation process, LDC products & production area regulations
- Basic understanding of culinary processes & cooking techniques
- High level knowledge of spirits, cocktail mixing, wine and beer
- Ability to produce a high volume of accurate, complete, quality work in a timely manner
- Ability to interact tactfully and diplomatically with employees, management team, guests and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive, professional environment
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Email/Calendaring system
- 4 years’ previous experience in FOH service industry operations
- 1 year experience working in either sales or private event execution preferred
- 2 years experience working in management or leadership position preferred
- ServSafe certified, or equivalent
- Must have valid bartender’s license
- Fine motor coordination is needed to fulfill plating and general food preparation tasks
- Lifting items weighing over 20 lbs.
- Push/pull force of minimum 12 lbs.
- Work in extreme temperatures such as freezers (-10 degrees F), kitchens (+110 degrees F) and various outdoor conditions for one hour or more
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
How to Apply
PeopleFirst HR Solutions is proud to partner with La Crosse Distilling Co. in filling this position. Interested parties should submit a resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send them to PeopleFirst HR Solutions, 600 North 3rd Street, Suite 204, La Crosse, WI 54601. Please specify the position or position(s) that you are applying for as we are recruiting for multiple positions for La Crosse Distilling Co.