As a team member of La Crosse Distilling Co, your job is to fulfill our mission, be part of our vision, and work in support of our philosophy as the Supervisor. This position is an integral role in meeting the expectations we hold for ourselves, as well as those our guests hold for The Distillery. Generate ideas to improve and enhance tasting room operations and the guest experience, and implement those ideas because you are an empowered team member.
The position will be paid competitively with opportunities for additional benefits. Success will be measured through favorable reviews and the ability to meet stated objectives.
- Upholding all standards of food quality, taste, and presentation, as well as decision making, staff management and overall kitchen operations
- Ensuring that all products ordered and received meet Distillery specifications, are invoiced correctly in respect to quantity, quality, and that all products are properly dated, rotated and stored
- Ordering supplies, food and ingredients based on shifting demand and necessary inventory in the amounts needed to support the budgeted level of business
- Assisting with maintaining control over food and labor costs and other kitchen-related operating expenses
- Ensuring all products or menu items are prepared in accordance with Distillery standards ensuring a high-quality product presentation always
- Working with the Culinary Director to produce seasonal, high quality menu items stressing locally sourced ingredients & cuisine based on the vision of the Distillery & the management team
- Presenting new menu ideas to ownership & culinary director for seasonal changes
- Minimize and control waste through proper oversite and documentation
- Assisting with training and developing employees to ensure a complete understanding of all needs within the restaurant, within the employees’ specific stations, and cross-train as necessary
- Working with the Culinary Director to ensure you have all needed supplies to properly train new employees.
- Ensuring staff is trained on proper food preparation and kitchen safety techniques
- Ensuring all changes to the menu are communicated to the staff and effectively implemented, and standard recipes and methods are used always to ensure consistency and efficiency for all menu items
- Ensuring the quality, quantity and handling of all products is in accordance with Distillery expectations
- Ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times and comply with Distillery, local, state and federal regulations
- Ensuring practices are in place to guarantee food safety; controlling time and temperature throughout the flow of food, practicing good personal hygiene and preventing cross-contamination
- Scheduling and overseeing necessary maintenance and repairs on kitchen appliances
- Managing cleanliness of kitchen
- Complying with all Weber Group policies and professional expectations
- Performing other work-related duties and projects as assigned
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interact positively and professionally with supervisor, management, vendors, coworkers, guests and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely, accurate and complete manner
- Ability to come to work regularly and on time, follow directions, take constructive criticism, get along with coworkers and supervisors, and to treat coworkers, supervisors and guests with respect and courtesy
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Email
- 2-3 years’ previous experience in culinary/food and beverage supervisory role
- Experience in high volume operation
- ServSafe certified, or equivalent
- Continuous standing and walking for minimum 4-5 hours at a time
- Negotiating wet tile floors and/or steps
- Fine motor coordination is needed to fulfill plating and general food preparation tasks
- Lifting items weighing over 20lbs.
- Push/pull force of minimum 12lbs.
- Work in extreme temperatures such as freezers (-10 degrees F), kitchens (+110 degrees F)
- Ability to handle knives and perform cutting skills on work surfaces of various heights
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
How to Apply
PeopleFirst HR Solutions is proud to partner with La Crosse Distilling Co. in filling this position. Interested parties should submit a resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send them to PeopleFirst HR Solutions, 600 North 3rd Street, Suite 204, La Crosse, WI 54601. Please specify the position or position(s) that you are applying for as we are recruiting for multiple positions for La Crosse Distilling Co.