Hotline Freight Systems strives to exceed our customer expectations by providing excellent service, competitive pricing and flexibility. With 19 terminals, 250 employees, 125 late model tractors, and 250-53’ air ride logistic trailers, Hot Line Freight is one of the premier Midwest Regional LTL companies & freight carriers providing excellent service to South Dakota, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Hot Line Freight provides volume LTL direct shipments to all points in the contiguous United States. To learn more about Hot Line Freight Systems, visit http://www.hotlinefreight.com/.
This position will lead human resources support including, but not limited to, recruitment, onboarding, benefits administration, maintaining personnel records, maintaining DOT records, leave administration including FMLA, workers’ compensation, exit interviews, and planning for employee events. This position will report directly to the Vice President Finance and will also be responsible for issuing, tracking, and collecting company property and fuel cards issued to employees.
The typical work week will consist of 40 hours or more Monday through Friday, but willing to consider flexible scheduling. This position will be based out of the West Salem, WI office.
Education and Qualifications
An Associate’s Degree in human resources, business or a related field with a minimum of five years of relevant experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business or a related field with a minimum of three years of relevant experience. Knowledge of DOT requirements to ensure compliance in driver hiring, driver qualification, and maintenance of DOT required compliance records preferred. The successful candidate must possess a valid driver’s license.
Professional and Personal Traits
- Working knowledge of ERISA, HIPPA, COBRA, ADA, Section 125, and Medicare rules and regulations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent computer, written and oral communications skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Conscientious about meeting deadlines and having an accurate work product
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Ability to occasionally travel to meet business objectives
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and practices related to payroll and employee benefits activities
- Ability to manage several projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in an office environment as a team player who is willing to help the team where needed
- Ability to maintain confidential information
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Coordinate pre-employment drug screens
- Coordinate the administration of employee benefits programs including COBRA
- Oversee new employee orientations covering payroll, benefits, policies, programs and procedures including providing assistance to new employees in filling out enrollment forms
- Field inquiries from employees on payroll, benefits, policies, programs, and procedures
- Coordinate the annual benefits enrollment activities including developing written communications and conducting informational meetings
- Administer leave programs including FMLA
- Oversee the recruiting process including advertising open positions, processing applications, interviewing, verifying employment, etc.
- Assist in the administration of the performance management process and disciplinary actions
- Promote employee wellness
- Conduct exit interviews
- Administration of Workers’ Compensation and accident insurance claims
- Maintain all employee personnel files and DOT files
- Maintain confidentiality concerning personnel actions, legal actions, termination, and organizational plans
- Manage, track and collect company property and fuel cards that have been issued to employees
- Assist in the planning for employee events
- Assist management with assigned projects
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Interested professionals should submit a letter of interest, resume and salary history to email@example.com , or send them to PeopleFirst HR Solutions, 600 North 3rd Street, Suite 204, La Crosse, WI 54601