Schneider Accounting provides accounting and financial services to both individuals and businesses. We give the same attention to all clients, no matter how large or small. The accounting, tax preparation, and other financial services we provide are tailored to the unique needs of each client, striving for attainable results and maximized returns. We are well-informed and continually adapt to the ever-changing world of tax law and accounting.
At Schneider Accounting, we treat our clients with courtesy and integrity. We guarantee efficient, honest tax services that achieves remarkable results. Our years of experiences and notable expertise ensure that our clients' tax preparation is in good hands.
Schneider Accounting is looking for an enthusiastic and ethical individual with strong interpersonal skills to join their team as a Personal Tax Department Manager based out of their La Crosse, Wisconsin office. This position will prepare personal income tax returns, e-file submissions and oversee other personal income tax return preparers.
The typical workweek will consist of 40 hours or more per week during tax season (January through April) and 25 to 30 hours per week during the off season (May through December). They offer flexible scheduling of hours and during tax season the workweek may include Monday through Sunday based on business and customers’ needs. This position offers competitive pay, health benefits and paid vacation.
Education and Qualifications
An Associate’s Degree in accounting with a minimum of three years of public accounting experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting with a minimum of one year of experience is preferred. The successful candidate must possess a valid driver’s license and must pass a background check due to sensitive client information.
Professional and Personal Traits
- Ability to establish rapport, present information and respond to questions from clients and coworkers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent computer, written and oral communications skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to manage several projects and tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Conscientious about meeting deadlines and having an accurate work product
- Ability to work in an office environment as a team player who is willing to help the team where needed
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to occasionally travel to meet business objectives
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Prepare or assist in preparing complete and accurate simple to complex personal income tax returns
- Conduct face-to-face interviews with clients to obtain all information on taxable income, deductible expenses and allowances
- Develop customer relationships and process clients information efficiently and effectively
- Respond to customer questions and inquiries
- Oversee other personal income tax return preparers
- Verify and review returns prepared by others
- Consult tax law handbooks or bulletins to determine procedure for preparation of difficult tax returns
- File tax returns using electronic filling software
- Calculate and invoice for form preparation fees
- Ensure that a completed return is provided to the customer
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Interested professionals should submit a letter of interest, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org , or send them to PeopleFirst HR Solutions, 600 North 3rd Street, Suite 204, La Crosse, WI 54601.