Chart is a recognized global brand for the design and manufacture of highly engineered cryogenic equipment used from the beginning to the end in the liquid gas supply chain. We express our brand promise through our tagline: Innovation. Experience. Performance.
Innovation – We are passionate about what we do and dedicated to continuous, innovative development.
Experience – Customers rely on our knowledge because we are experts in our field.
Performance – We fulfill expectations. We respect our customers and are committed to meeting their needs.
Chart has domestic operations located in eight US states, and international engineering and manufacturing in Australia, China, the Czech Republic, Germany and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Chart visit http://www.chartindustries.com.
Chart seeks a Production Supervisor to supervise and coordinate the activities of 20 to 40 employees engaged in operating a variety of machines to manufacture parts or products in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees: planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
This position will report to the Production Manager and will be based out the of La Crosse, Wisconsin facility.
Education and Qualifications
A minimum of an Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year school or a Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in business administration, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, or a comparable discipline preferred. Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or a combination of education and relevant experience in required.
The ideal candidate with possess the ability to:
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Compute rate, ratio, and percent. Draw and interpret graphs.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The ideal candidate will also possess a knowledge of Internet software; Manufacturing and Production tracking software; MS Office Suite software.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Analyze work orders to estimate worker hours and create machining schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
- Compute amounts of stock and supplies required for operations, based on production schedules, and requisitions materials from storage area.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Plan flow of materials through department and develop physical layout of machines according to work orders.
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Inspect and measure parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Direct workers in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products which fail to meet standards.
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Maintain time and production/labor records for computer system.
- Work With Develop capital; equipment justification for machine tools and process technology to improve quality, cost, and cycle times.
- Estimate, requisition, and inspect materials.
The physical demands described are those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision, abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts: fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Chart is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PeopleFirst HR Solutions is proud to partner with Chart in filling this position. Interested professionals should submit a letter of interest, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send them to PeopleFirst HR Solutions, 600 North 3rd Street, Suite 204, La Crosse, WI 54601.