Summary of Key Duties
The Quality Control Supervisor position develops, implements and supervises the quality control systems for Marten Machining, which are designed to ensure continuous production of machined components that are consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals. The position is a working/hands on supervisor with several quality technicians reporting to this position.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints related to quality.
- Supervise employees assigned to the inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity of the quality process.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to direct reports and other employees engaged in the production processes at Marten Machining.
- Develop, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives for the organization.
- Coordinate quality objectives with production procedures in cooperation with production management to maximize product production reliability and minimize costs associated with rework.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures
- Interpret quality control philosophy to all key personnel within the organization.
- Provide and oversee inspection activity for product throughout the production cycle.
- Interact with purchasing team and vendors to ensure the quality of purchased parts, and raw materials.
- Lead and is active on all internal continuous improvement teams.
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs for their direct reports and all other individuals in the organization.
- Maintain operation of all metrology related equipment, software and other measurement devices including a long-term equipment and software plan.
Supervisory Management Responsibility
- This position manages all employees of the quality control group at Marten Machining and has responsibility for the training, performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- Ability to train and lead all employees in the pursuit of quality excellence in the organization even though most of those individuals will not report to this individual
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- While performing duties associated with this position, the employee is exposed to machining environment, while fully environmentally controlled, may have fumes associated with the process, along with moving mechanical components and noise level associated with a production/metal fabrication environment.
- While this is primarily an office position, some lifting of components, measurement equipment, bending, standing and ability to walk around the production environment as necessary.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of precision parts manufacturing process and the quality control systems necessary to maintain expected tolerances for high quality part production.
- Knowledge of using and maintaining a variety of precision inspection equipment including hand tools, gage devices, surface plate and coordinate measuring machines.
- Knowledge of statistical process control.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and 13485 quality management system standards.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Skilled at and enjoys operating in a smaller work environment where being a self-starter, team player and is able to balance hands on work with supervisory work.
- Demonstrates the ability to be self-motivated and is comfortable working in date driven environment with tight timelines for producing and delivering product to the customer.
- Is a demonstrated life-long learner of new technology, and skills associated with operating and managing an organizations’ quality control systems.
- Able to work with and lead cross functional work teams.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, manufacturing, or related technical areas such as math, quality management, computer science.
- 5 or more years of experience working in a precision parts manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience working with and supervision a quality management system and process for a parts machining manufacturer.
- 2-3 years’ experience supervising individuals involved in quality management and/or other areas in a precision machining manufacturing environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Qualified candidates must be authorized to work and live permanently in the United States
Other Duties as Required
This job description is not intended to cover or contain an exhaustive list of activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee who fills this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities my change or be modified at any time.
If you are interested in this exciting career opportunity with a growing, technology oriented manufacturing company, located in one of the premier locations to live in the upper Midwest please send your resume, salary history and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to PeopleFirst HR Solutions at 600 North 3rd Street, Suite 204, La Crosse, WI 54601.