Summary of Key Duties:
The Quality Control Technician position inspects materials, parts and other components for Marten Machining, which are designed to ensure continuous production of high quality machined components that are consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals. The position is a working/hands on technician.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints related to quality.
- Analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards required and the establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products are met.
- Document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Coordinate quality objectives with production procedures in cooperation with production management to maximize product production reliability and minimize costs associated with rework.
- Verify specified dimensions of product or material.
- Implement inspection criteria and procedures and document findings.
- Interpret engineering drawings, diagrams and confers with management or engineering to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Provide and oversee inspection activity for product throughout the production cycle.
- Interact with purchasing team and vendors to ensure the quality of purchased parts, and raw materials.
- Operates all metrology related equipment, software and other measurement devices.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- While performing duties associated with this position, the employee is exposed to machining environment, while fully environmentally controlled, may have fumes associated with the process, along with moving mechanical components and noise level associated with a production/metal fabrication environment.
- While this is primarily an office position, some lifting of components, measurement equipment, bending, standing and ability to walk around the production environment as necessary. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of precision parts manufacturing process and the quality control systems necessary to maintain expected tolerances for high quality part production.
- Knowledge of using and maintaining a variety of precision inspection equipment including hand tools, gage devices, surface plate and coordinate measuring machines.
- Knowledge of statistical process control.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and 13485 quality management system standards.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Skilled at and enjoys operating in a smaller work environment where being a self-starter, and a team player is important skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to be self-motivated and is comfortable working in data driven environment with tight timelines for producing and delivering product to the customer.
- Demonstrated life long learner of new technology, and the skills associated with operating in a state of the art quality control system.
- Able to work with cross-functional work teams
Education and Experience:
- An Associate Degree in a technical area focused on manufacturing, measurement systems or other related technical areas such as math, quality management, computer science.
- 1- 2 or more years of experience working in a precision parts manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience working with a quality management system and process for a parts machining manufacturer.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work and live permanently in the United States.
Other Duties as Required:
This job description is not intended to cover or contain an exhaustive list of activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee who fills this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities my change or be modified at any time.
If you are interested in this exciting career opportunity with a growing, technology oriented manufacturing company, located in one of the premier locations to live in the upper Midwest please send your resume, salary history and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to PeopleFirst HR Solutions at 600 North 3rd Street, Suite 204, La Crosse, WI 54601.