Chart Energy & Chemicals - located in La Crosse, Wisconsin – is the leading designer and manufacturer of cryogenic brazed aluminum heat exchangers (BAHX). Our unique product is used in the production of LNG and other process systems related to the energy market. Chart is the only producer of large BAHX in the U.S. and is a leader in the global markets we serve. Chart’s continued financial growth and current plant expansion offers exciting and challenging career opportunities for career seeking individuals.
Chart has domestic operations located in eight US states, and international engineering and manufacturing in Australia, China, the Czech Republic, Germany and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Chart visit http://www.chartindustries.com.
The Senior HR Generalist performs human resources-related duties at the professional level and carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, labor relations, affirmative action and employment equity programs. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. A successful Senior HR Generalist will be a nimble learner with the ability to apply strong problem-solving and sound judgement skills.
Education and Qualifications
A Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university and 5 to 7 years of recruiting and generalist work experience, preferably within a manufacturing organization.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build strong, trusting relationships across the organization and divisions.
- Ability to use research methods effectively, including data collection, diagnostic, and analytical skills
- Experience in full cycle sourcing and recruiting
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations.
- Interviews, screens and recruits job applicants to fill entry-level, professional and technical job openings.
- Reviews applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job-related requirements.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee issues.
- Represents the company for any unemployment claims.
- Facilitates or provides training and development activities to ensure a ready and robust workforce.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Maintains working relationship with union officials and adheres to terms of labor contract by monitoring day-to-day implementation of policies concerning wages, hours and working conditions.
- Represents management in investigating, answering and settling grievances, by arranging and scheduling grievance hearings between union personnel, supervisor and the management team.
The physical demands described are those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Your physical work demands will require
• Lifting up to 15 pounds
• Sitting, standing, stooping, bending, other related tasks in an office setting
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts: fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Chart is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PeopleFirst HR Solutions is proud to partner with Chart in filling this position. Interested professionals should submit a letter of interest, resume and salary history to email@example.com, or send them to PeopleFirst HR Solutions, 600 North 3rd Street, Suite 204, La Crosse, WI 54601.